Steyer Content is a full-service content agency that uses world-class writing, video, code, and design to create transformative experiences that build trust and grow revenue for our clients. We plan, create and optimize business content that works for today.
We are seeking a user researcher with both strong writing and (ideally) mixed reality experience for a role with one of our niche technology client teams. In this role, you’ll support more senior researchers who are planing and executing exciting, multi-method user research for a web-based tool (and secondarily on mixed reality and AI experiences) with the U.S. military and Department of Defense civilian personnel as the primary user base. You’ll work with other researchers, clients, and stakeholders to design and lead studies, then analyze your findings and report out on insights to inform product design.
If you’re the right fit, you have a strong understanding of user research design and execution of best practices, but you see a learning opportunity in collaborating with and supporting more senior researchers. You have both qualitative and quantitative data gathering, analysis, and insight discovery capability, and you have a high degree of tolerance for ambiguity and change over time. You’ve got the problem-solving and team collaboration skills to tackle whatever comes your way as a user researcher working with both government and commercial stakeholders.
This is a full-time, ongoing contract role based in Redmond, WA. U.S. citizenship is required (for security clearance purposes). We'll only be able to respond to applicants who meet the basic qualifications for this role. We offer a strong benefits package: http://steyer.net/find-work/benefits.
- 2+ years proven successful experience in user research, HCI/Human Factors, and/or Social Sciences research, along with customer engagement methods, activities, practices, and planning in an industry setting
- Advanced degree in Psychology, User Experience, Human-Computer Interactions, Anthropology, Social Sciences, or related fields
- Both qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Able to travel domestically on a regular basis for field research
- U.S. citizenship
- Performance measurement and mathematical modeling
- Human-Computer Interaction as it applies to mixed reality/AI
- Quality Assurance and testing (traditional and modern)
- Military/government contracts, product development
- Military experience
Steyer Content provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.