Steyer Content is a full-service content agency that uses world-class writing, video, code, and design to create transformative experiences that build trust and grow revenue for our clients. We plan, create and optimize business content that works for today.
We are seeking a user researcher with a passion for applying human-centered design thinking to join our large technology client’s mixed reality environment. In this role, you will work alongside product and design teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals, and risks. You will develop and implement user-centered research using a variety of methodologies including: ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking, competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation, and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques. You will also perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations.
If you are the right fit for this role, you are a great storyteller and can confidently communicate research insights in ways that influence product and design decisions. You are a born collaborator, detail-obsessed, and a highly organized person when it comes to designing user research studies. You don’t lose sight of the big picture when synthesizing meaningful insights that drive innovative design. You enjoy partnering with cross-disciplinary teams to craft a more comprehensive, impactful story for your product and design partners.
- 5+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact
- Ability to deliver (verbally and in writing) high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities
- Confidence to continually monitor research, data, and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology
- Proficiency in leveraging remote research tools such as Usertesting.com
- Willingness to conducting research remotely (during COVID and in the future) as well as in a range of consumer environments (home, office, etc.) and lab settings
- Genuine user advocate
- A strong research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports)
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
Steyer Content provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.