Steyer Content is a full-service content agency that uses world-class writing, video, code, and design to create transformative experiences that build trust and grow revenue for our clients. We plan, create and optimize business content that works for today.
We are seeking a junior-level business development/sales representative to join our back office deal team in a full-time, permanent capacity. In this commissioned role, you’ll initially be focused on outreach and prospecting for new leads and you’ll work closely with our high-energy business development team to familiarize yourself with our services, clientele, and talent.
If you’re the right fit for this particular role on our small back office team, you’re positive, resourceful, collaborative, flexible, sociable, and connect with people easily. Cold calling doesn’t scare you; you’re motivated by the upside of our no-cap commissions/SPIF plus base compensation structure because of the earning potential you directly control. You’ve had enough commissioned experience that you’ve felt the thrill of victory and learned how to ride out the journey to get there. You’re organized, you keep excellent notes, and you’re always looking for solutions and creative new approaches to getting in front of potential clients. You can match different clients’ energy and have experience tailoring your sales approach for different kinds of prospects.
This is a full time, permanent role, and BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. The role will require some in-person time, but our team is distributed and much of the time you’ll be working remotely; applicants able to work happily in the Pacific time zone are preferred. We offer a strong benefits package as well: https://steyer.net/benefits
We’ll only be able to respond to applicants who meet the basic qualifications for this role.
- Cover letter required
- 1+ year in a commissioned or SPIF sales role
- Experience with and enthusiasm for cold outreach
- Resume and written/spoken communications demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, and client-friendly/warm tone
- Demonstrated success achieving goals while working remotely
- Experience with consultative sales or selling professional services
- Experience selling to enterprise tech clients
- Interest in or experience with marketing or technical content (or content in a broad sense: the arts count!)
- Lives and works in the Pacific time zone
Steyer Content provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.