Steyer Content is looking for a versatile writer who knows how to turn engineering details and hands-on testing into digestible how-tos and overviews for users of Teams. In this role, you'll work with a focused and fast-paced team to keep our help and how-to content in step with product updates and our writing style. In a typical day, you might write an article for a new feature, edit a What’s new blurb, adjust content description metadata to improve SEO, or design a new structure for a table of contents. You might be from the world of journalism or from tech, but either way, at your heart, you’re a writer who loves to make things easy for people to understand and inspire them to explore.
If you are the right person for this role, you have experience writing how-to content for end users of software, a strong empathy for users in the enterprise, keen understanding of voice and tone for this audience, experience creating content for software that’s still in development, the ability to quickly ramp up on tools and publishing processes, and a collaborative and flexible attitude.
- 5+ years of experience creating and producing end user how-to content
- Experience publishing content to web sites, services, and/or in-product surfaces
- Demonstrated ability to adapt voice and tone to the client's specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of end-user communication style, particularly around help and support content. Friendly, to-the-point, minimal jargon, simplifying coding and technology concepts.
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with multiple mobile and desktop platforms
- Portfolio review of writing samples. Variety encouraged.
- Writing exercise may be required
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Brand Voice and Microsoft Style Guide
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft content authoring and publishing system tools (C3, GitHub)